Water Pipe Leak Detection Services
Call us anytime day or night! We are here to help & answer any questions.
If you have a plumbing leak… we can locate it! Fast!
- We utilize newest leak detection technologies provided by leading manufacturers.
- All leak detection methods are non invasive / non destructive to your property.
- We are equipped to confirm any water leak location with the best “field use” detection technologies.
- We can locate underground water leaks, slab leaks or any hidden plumbing leak no matter where it might be hiding on or beneath your residential, business or industrial property.
- We are equipped with infrared technologies to assist in accurately locating hot water slab or radiant heat floor leaks.
- We assist many large plumbing companies to locate difficult & hard to find water leaks.
- We provide reliable, quality & professional services to our customers & community.
Mr. Leak Detection is highly equipped to locate any water pipe leak on your property….from slab leaks or underground service lines…to anywhere beneath your residential or business property.
Signs that you may have an underground or hidden water pipe leak.
- If you hear water running and everything in the house is turned off.
- If your water meter is turning and everything in the house is turned off.
- If your water bill is higher than usual.
- If you notice your well pump running excessively.
We understand the frustration you feel when a leak is discovered to exist “somewhere” and the many questions as to what the best remedy might be. The obvious remedies are to repair the leak or replace the entire pipe.
We always recommend addressing the leak issue as a discovery process first. Here is what you want to consider:
- It’s always less expensive to have a leak located and repaired than replacing.
- “What if” the leak is located in an area of easy access instead of something more difficult like beneath a driveway. The small cost of a locate can provide a large amount of information.
- During the repair, keep a little piece of the pipe for future reference. If the pipe material is high quality and another leak develops in future you can decide to locate for another repair with confidence. If the pipe is of lesser quality it might be a good idea to begin a replacement savings jar for the next time it develops a leak. Having just a small piece of the pipe beneath your property will greatly help if future decisions are needed.
- If you have a long water pipe and the leak is located somewhere in the middle, consider adding an isolation valve at the repair site. This may give opportunity to replace only half the pipe should it become problematic.
Keeping a piece of the pipe during the repair is highly important especially if you are considering a full replacement. Since all pipes will leak, the real question is knowing what kind of pipe material was installed beneath your property. With this sample piece of pipe in hand you will be able to discuss its qualities or lack thereof with anyone in the future should you have another leak. If the pipe is good then maybe it’s another rock or root issue needing to be resolved. If the pipe is not so worthy of repair then you can replace it with better justification for the added cost.
Did you know that there is PVC pipe today that was put into service in 1936 and still to this day has no major problems? You may even find that galvanized pipe might be worth a repair if you are not experiencing water pressure issues? Yes, there is a lot to consider in terms of remedy options however if you decide to have a leak located, we would love to help! Our service is non invasive and non destructive to your property.